Local Pickup & Delivery Driver
Local Pickup and Delivery Driver
Location: Greensboro, NC
Morton Express is currently recruiting for a Local P & D or City Driver. This role will successfully operate various tractor-trailer combinations between company terminals and customer facilities or work sites within the terminal's geographic service area. They sort, handle, load, and/or unload freight at various companies and customer locations.
Local pickup and Delivery Drivers Job Responsibilities:
- Operate vehicle safely within DOT regulations that govern safe driving, hours of service, inspection, maintenance, and transportation of hazardous
- Transport self and/or freight continuously throughout the service center on non-forgiving surfaces.
- Read and interpret shipping labels. Familiarity with, and in some cases ability to complete the various forms utilized in freight movement such as shipping
- orders, city stripping manifests, freight bills, overage/damage movement reports and exception forms.
- Be available for work at all times in order to meet customer pickup and delivery schedules.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Class A commercial driver's license with hazardous materials and tanker endorsements.
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak English and perform simple mathematical calculations with general mental abilities to handle receipts, read maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc.
- Must possess a valid commercial driver's license with hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- Must have 24 months previous tractor-trailer driving experience.
- Must be at least 25 years old.
If you are interested in a rewarding career call or complete the form below and a member of our team will contact you.